So many of you know that I have been on Weight Watchers for about 2 years now and lost 35 pounds give or take a pound. I have been on a plato for about 6-9 months now but there has been alot going on in my life as everyone knows, so I am ok with that and just happy that I have not gain the 35 pounds back! So I thought I would share a couple of recipes that I made this weekend that were awesome. I cook on Sundays to give Doreen a break and I am really liking it but do not think I could do it during the week unless I was home all day like she is:)
I decided to do this because I was talking to Beth telling her about the recipe and I thought it would be something the boys and her would like in the heat and it is super easy! (Beth if you can not find the Quinoa let me know and I will ship some with the twins birthday stuff)
Cranberry-Apple Quinoa Salad (this is a Weight Watcher Recipe)
1 Cup Quinoa rinsed (this is found in the store near the rice)
2 Cups Reduced sodium chicken broth
1 Granny Smith apple diced
1/4 cup dried cranberries
3 scallions chopped
3 tablespoons fat free citrus vinaigrette dressing
2 tablespoons toasted walnuts chopped
1) Combine the quinoa and broth in medium saucepan bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the quinoa is tender about 10 min drain
2) Transfer to large bowl and let cool slightly about 10 min
3) Add the apple cranberries scallions and dressing to the quinoa toss to coat sprinkle with the walnuts and serve.
No I could not find the dressing so I made a low fat citrus vinaigrette that I got off line. But to be honest I did not mix the dressing with the whole salad because I was not sure I would like it and come to find out I like it much better without the dressing! I also used dried cherries because that is what I had.
I will post the other recipe tomorrow as I am tired and it is a little longer! Hope you all try this it is really good and the quinoa is really good for you, and good! You cook it just like you would cook rice!
Why I Quit Facebook
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment